What Is A Press Kit And How To Create One
A press kit, also known as a media kit, is a page on your website that includes tools and information for journalists and publications. The finest press kits make it simple for journalists to learn about a product and brand, as well as obtain images and marketing materials for inclusion in a story.
A press kit isn't just for journalists or large newspapers. Anyone who wants to discuss or promote your company has the tools necessary to do so effectively. Whether it's someone with a podcast, a personal blog, or just someone sharing your experience in an online community.
What is a Press Kit And How Can You Use it For Promotion?
What Does A Corporate Media Kit Include?
When it comes to corporate media kits, the days of a one-size-fits-all approach are long gone. When deciding what should appear in a press kit, bear in mind that any press materials you include in it should be unique to your firm.
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/press-kit/ by Keith Peterson on 2022-01-13T08:12:01.577Z
To get you started, here's what a typical corporate press kit looks like:
- Information about the company. Begin with the necessities: a clear company description, brand standards, and high-resolution photos and logos. In your company media kit, you might also add important statistics or information sheets.
- Bios and headshots. These are especially significant if you have someone in your firm who is well-suited for interviews, expert analysis, and speaking engagements.
- A selection of press releases and media coverage samples. Choose at least a few relevant and recent articles that have gotten you coverage, and list all of the sites that have previously picked up your stories.
- Recognition and awards. If your firm has recently received any honors that position it as an industry leader, they should be included in your press kit.
- Contact information is provided. Indicate who the ideal person to contact for press questions is, as well as their contact information. You should also include social media handles in your firm press kit.
How To Make A Press Kit?
First, log in to your website or create one if you don't already have one. Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your website or make one. Log in to your Jimdo Dashboard or make a new website.
- Step 2: Establish a press page. Create a new page on your website and label it "Media Kit," "Press Kit," or "Press" to make it easy to discover.
- Step 3: Insert your media and material. Gather all of your pictures, press releases, and other important stuff in one location. You may add your files to the File Download function so that journalists can download them.
- Step 4: Include a compelling call-to-action button. Add a Reach Me button to make it obvious how media professionals may contact you. This will entice journalists to contact you.
Make the most of your press kit by including these extras.
- Include a FAQ. You may definitely anticipate some press queries, so why not take advantage of this chance to write a flawlessly written response? This not only assists journalists in obtaining quotations for their articles but also allows you to manage the dialogue. It will also save time and reduce follow-up queries. Here's how to put up a FAQ.
- Testimonials. If you have many satisfied customers, why not highlight them with a name, quote, and image? This gives "social evidence" of the quality of your goods or service, and it looks wonderful for the image of your company. Just be sure you seek the customer's approval first. You may even thank them with an incentive, such as a discount on their next order or a money-off certificate.
- Quotes. Do you have any motivational quotations from your CEO? Include them in your press kit so that journalists can simply copy and paste them into a story. Just make sure they are pertinent to the purpose of your press kit.
How Long Does It Take To Make A Press Kit?
If you already have all of the content written—bios, facts, and so on—creating a basic press kit should only take around an hour. Budget additional time for the project if you need to write everything from scratch. Plan to devote several days to produce an elaborate media kit with bespoke graphics or photos.
What’s The Best Way To Distribute My Press Kit?
Because they are simple and cost-effective, digital press kits are the finest approach to developing and sharing corporate information. We recommend including a "Press Kit" footer link on your website that directs visitors to an online or PDF version of the document, or to a dedicated media kit page. You may also provide your media kit on USB drives to reporters and journalists, and you should always include a link to your media kit in press releases.
The typical technique of conveying corporate information to the media is through a press kit. Reporters utilize press kits to swiftly obtain essential information, saving them time and effort.
Creating your media kit necessitates gathering the necessary information and storing it in an easily accessible location in order to generate more favorable and effective press coverage for your company.