In this LifeLock review, we will thoroughly assess the identity theft protection services offered by LifeLock. As our lives become increasingly interconnected online, safeguarding our personal information is crucial.
LifeLock aims to provide comprehensive monitoring and alerts to protect against the ever-present threat of identity theft. Join us as we delve into the features, pricing, and benefits of LifeLock, helping you determine if it is the right solution for your identity theft protection needs.
LifeLock is an identity theft protection service that aims to safeguard your personal information and provide alerts in case of suspicious activity. With various plans available, LifeLock offers comprehensive monitoring and protection against identity theft, credit fraud, and other related threats.
By continuously scanning the web and monitoring credit bureaus, LifeLock strives to detect potential breaches or unauthorized use of your personal data. In addition to monitoring services, LifeLock also provides insurance coverage and assistance in the event of identity theft.
The cost of LifeLock depends on the plan you choose. LifeLock offers several tiers of protection, each with different features and pricing. Here's an overview of the available plans:
This plan starts at an introductory rate of $9.99 per month and offers monitoring of your Social Security number, name, birth date, and address in applications. It includes credit monitoring at Equifax, dark web monitoring, address change verification, and up to $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement.
In addition to the standard features, this plan incorporates Norton 360 cybersecurity features, such as a password manager, cloud backup, and VPN for up to five devices. It begins at an introductory rate of $9.99 per month and auto-renews at $14.99.
This plan increases the reimbursement maximum to $100,000 and adds bank account and credit card activity alerts, as well as alerts related to criminal activity associated with your name. It extends security and VPN coverage to 10 devices. The price starts at $19.99 per month for the first year and increases to $24.99 after that.
This top-tier plan offers up to $1 million in potential reimbursement, credit monitoring at all three major credit bureaus, and monitoring of investment activity. It costs $29.99 per month initially and auto-renews at $34.99 per month.
Please note that the prices mentioned are for a single adult. Costs may be higher when covering two adults or a family. Additionally, it's worth exploring available discount codes and the option to pay for a year upfront to potentially reduce costs.
Determining whether LifeLock is worth the cost depends on your specific needs and circumstances. Here are some factors to consider:
- Unwillingness to freeze your credit- If you are unwilling to go through the process of freezing your credit, LifeLock can provide an alternative solution for monitoring and protecting your personal information.
- Assistance with identity theft resolution- If you need help resolving an instance of identity theft or have other security concerns, LifeLock offers support and guidance in dealing with the aftermath of such incidents.
- Privacy protections and additional features- LifeLock not only focuses on identity theft protection but also offers privacy-related features like VPN services and password managers. If you value these additional protections, LifeLock may be a suitable choice.
- Time constraints and monitoring needs- If you have limited time or prefer to delegate the responsibility of monitoring for potential signs of identity theft, LifeLock's comprehensive monitoring and alerts can be advantageous.
Lifelock 2022 Review: Is It Worth It?? (Norton 360 with Lifelock)
Considering the pros and cons will also help you make an informed decision.
LifeLock provides several benefits in terms of identity theft protection, but it's essential to weigh them against the potential drawbacks.
Here are some pros and cons to consider:
1. Wide-ranging monitoring and alerts
LifeLock offers extensive monitoring of your personal information and sends alerts in case of suspicious activity. This is particularly useful if you don't have the time or desire to monitor your credit and accounts yourself. LifeLock also scans the dark web for your data, although the data itself cannot be removed.
2. Tailored protection for specific needs
If you have already been a victim of identity theft or require specialized monitoring services like dark web monitoring or checks for criminal activity, LifeLock can be a valuable choice.
3. Bundled virus protection and identity theft monitoring
LifeLock combines antivirus software with identity theft protection, offering a convenient and cost-effective solution. By opting for a bundled service, you can potentially save moneyand streamline your security measures.
Cost is a consideration when choosing LifeLock, as it is more expensive than some other identity theft protection services. If you have a tight budget, you may want to explore free alternatives or consider whether the additional features provided by LifeLock are worth the expense.
2. Redundancy of services
Many of LifeLock's identity theft protection services can be performed independently and at no cost. For example, regularly checking your credit accounts, setting up activity alerts, using secure passwords, and monitoring your credit score can be done without subscribing to a paid service.
3. Potential complacency
Relying solely on a monitoring service like LifeLock may lead to complacency regarding your own cyber hygiene. It's important to maintain good security practices, even with a service in place.
LifeLock's auto-renewal feature can be convenient for some, but others may find it bothersome. Make sure to review the terms and cancel the service if it no longer meets your needs.
Remember that LifeLock, like any other identity theft monitoring service, carries certain risks and limitations. It's crucial to assess your specific requirements and evaluate whether the benefits outweigh the potential drawbacks.
LifeLock's identity theft protection plans aim to save you time and effort while safeguarding you from fraud. When considering a plan from LifeLock, it's essential to understand which features align with your goals. Here are some aspects to consider:
- Computer software for device protection- LifeLock offers antivirus software, such as Norton 360, which helps protect your devices, especially when using public Wi-Fi networks. By utilizing this software, you add an extra layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to your online accounts.
- Dark web monitoring- Choose a plan that includes monitoring the dark web for your personal information. Since personal data is frequently bought and sold on the dark web, this feature can help alert you to potential fraud at an early stage.
- Monitoring all three credit bureaus- LifeLock Ultimate Plus is the only plan that monitors your credit reports from all three major credit bureaus. This is crucial for detecting accounts that may have been opened fraudulently in your name.
- Identity theft insurance coverage - Select a plan that offers adequate identity theft insurance coverage. This coverage can reimburse you for out-of-pocket expenses resulting from identity theft and fraud.
By considering these factors and aligning them with your specific needs, you can choose the level of protection that suits you without paying for unnecessary features.
In addition to its core monitoring and protection services, LifeLock offers several additional benefits. Here are some notable perks:
- USPS address change monitoring- LifeLock provides alerts if a fraudster attempts to change your address with the United States Postal Service. This feature adds an extra layer of protection against potential identity theft.
- LifeLock Privacy Monitor - This feature informs you if LifeLock discovers your personal information on common people search websites and data aggregators. It also guides you on how torequest the removal of such information.
- Data breach notifications - LifeLock notifies you about significant data breaches, allowing you to take proactive measures to protect your personal information.
- Stolen wallet protection- If your wallet is lost or stolen, LifeLock offers assistance in replacing your credit cards and personal identification, minimizing the potential impact of identity theft.
- Fictitious identity monitoring- LifeLock helps you uncover instances of synthetic identity fraud that may involve your sensitive data or accounts tied to your Social Security number.
These additional benefits enhance the overall value of LifeLock's identity theft protection services and contribute to comprehensive coverage of your personal information.
Determining whether LifeLock is the right fit for you depends on your individual circumstances and preferences.
Your LifeLock Benefits
Here are some factors to consider when evaluating whether LifeLock is the right choice:
- Risk of identity theft - Assess your personal risk of identity theft. If you have experienced identity theft in the past or believe you are at a heightened risk due to factors such as data breaches or the nature of your work, LifeLock's monitoring services can provide added peace of mind.
- Time and effort- Consider the time and effort you are willing to invest in monitoring your own credit and accounts for suspicious activity. If you prefer a convenient and automated solution that saves you time, LifeLock's comprehensive monitoring and alerts can be beneficial.
- Desire for additional features- Evaluate whether you would benefit from the additional features offered by LifeLock, such as VPN services, password managers, and antivirus software. If you value these integrated services and prefer a bundled solution, LifeLock can be a convenient option.
- Budget considerations- Take into account your budget and whether the cost of LifeLock's services aligns with your financial situation. While LifeLock provides comprehensive protection, it may be more expensive than some other identity theft protection services. Assess whether the features and benefits justify the cost for your specific needs.
- Personal security preferences- Consider your personal preferences regarding security measures. If you are reluctant to freeze your credit or prefer to delegate the responsibility of monitoring to a professional service, LifeLock can provide an alternative solution.
Ultimately, the decision to choose LifeLock depends on your individual risk tolerance, time constraints, budget, and preferences. Assessing these factors will help you determine whether LifeLock's services align with your needs and provide the level of protection and convenience you seek in safeguarding your identity.
By understanding your specific requirements and weighing the pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about whether LifeLock is the right choice for you.
LifeLock's main purpose is to protect you from identity theft. It does this by actively monitoring your personal information for any signs that it has been compromised or stolen. LifeLock offers a range of services such as Social Security number alerts, data breach notifications, stolen funds reimbursement, credit monitoring, credit file locks, and more, all aimed at preventing and mitigating the risks associated with identity theft.
LifeLock is owned by Gen Digital Inc., a multinational software company. Gen Digital has its co-headquarters in Tempe, Arizona, and Prague, Czech Republic. As a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock-market index, Gen Digital specializes in providing cybersecurity software and services.
While NortonLifeLock has assured that its systems have not been hacked and remain secure, there have been instances of unauthorized access to customer accounts. NortonLifeLock acknowledged that certain compromised accounts contained personal information such as first names, last names, phone numbers, and mailing addresses.
In conclusion, this LifeLock review has examined the key elements of LifeLock's identity theft protection services. With its robust monitoring, extensive alerts, and additional benefits, LifeLock offers a comprehensive solution to safeguard your personal information.
However, it's essential to carefully consider the costs and evaluate whether the convenience and added features align with your specific requirements. By leveraging the insights from this review, you can make an informed decision about whether LifeLock is the optimal choice to protect your identity in an increasingly digital world.