The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, renowned for its ergonomic design and versatility, is a beloved gamepad among console gamers. However, what many PC gamers might not be aware of is that this fantastic controller can also be used on a Windows PC. In this guide, we will walk you through the simple steps to set up and how touse a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on your PC, whether you prefer a wireless or wired connection. With its familiar layout and comfortable grip, connecting the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to your PC can provide a more immersive and enjoyable gamingexperience.
Connect a Switch Pro Controller to Windows 10! (Wired + Wireless)
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is a versatile and comfortable gamepad that can also be used to play games on your PC. While the wireless connection is convenient, connecting the controller to your PC with a wired connection ensures minimal input lag and a stable gaming experience. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to easily set up your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with a wired connection on your PC.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items ready:
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- A Windows PC with available USB port
- USB-C cable (included with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller)
- Power Off Your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller -If your controller is already connected to your Nintendo Switch or other devices, turn it off by pressing and holding the SYNC button located on the back until the controller powers down.
- Prepare the USB-C Cable - Take the USB-C cable that came with your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and plug one end into the USB-C port located at the top of the controller.
- Connect the USB-C Cable to Your PC -Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to an available USB port on your Windows PC. Ensure that the cable is securely plugged in on both ends.
- Windows Auto-Detection -Once the USB-C cable is connected, your PC will automatically detect the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and install the necessary drivers. This process usually happens quickly and may take a few seconds.
- Verify the Connection -To ensure the controller is working correctly, check the LED lights on the bottom of the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. If it lights up and remains steady, the connection is successful, and you are ready to use the controller on your PC.
Depending on the games you play, you may want to customize the controller settings for optimal gameplay. Many modern PC games automatically recognize the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and map the controls accordingly. However, for older games or titles that require specific button configurations, you can use third-party software like "JoyToKey" or "Xpadder" to remap the controller inputs to keyboard keys or mouse movements.
How to connect nintendo switch controller on pc! Switch Pro controller to pc Bluetooth & Wired!
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is not only a great companion for your Nintendo Switch but can also be used to play games on your PC with a wireless connection. Its ergonomic design and responsive controls make it an excellent choice for PC gaming. If you prefer the freedom of a wireless setup, follow this guide to easily connect your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to your PC and start gaming wirelessly.
Before you begin, ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- A Windows PC with Bluetooth capability
- Fully charged Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (or a USB-C cable for charging)
- Turn on Bluetooth on Your PC -First, ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Windows PC. You can usually find the Bluetooth settings in the taskbar or the control panel. Turn on Bluetooth and make sure it is discoverable.
- Power on the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller -Press and hold the small SYNC button on the back of the controller. The four LED lights on the bottom will start flashing, indicating that the controller is in pairing mode.
- Pair the Controller with Your PC -On your PC, navigate to the Bluetooth settings and select the option to add a new Bluetooth device. Your PC should detect the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller in the list of available devices. Click on the controller's name to initiate the pairing process.
- Complete the Pairing Process -Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process. Once the pairing is successful, the LED lights on the controller will stop flashing and remain lit, indicating that it is connected to your PC.
- Verify the Connection -To verify that the connection is working correctly, you can open a game that supports controller input on your PC. Test the controller's buttons and joysticks to ensure they are functioning as expected.
While many PC games automatically recognize the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and map the controls accordingly, you may want to customize the controller settings for specific games. If needed, you can use third-party software like "JoyToKey" or "Xpadder" to remap the controller inputs to keyboard keys or mouse movements.
How to Connect Switch PRO Controller to PC with STEAM Drivers
Setting up the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller in Steam is a straightforward process that allows you to use the controller seamlessly with a wide range of games available on the platform. Follow these steps to set up your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller in Steam:
Ensure that your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is either connected via a wired USB-C cable or paired wirelessly to your PC via Bluetooth. If you are using a wired connection, simply plug one end of the USB-C cable into the controller and the other end into an available USB port on your PC. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your PC and follow the pairing instructions provided in the previous section.
Open the Steam application on your PC. If you don't have Steam installed, you can download it for free from the official Steam website (https://store.steampowered.com/about/).
- In Steam, click on "Steam" in the top-left corner of the application.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Settings."
- In the Settings window, click on "Controller" in the left sidebar.
- Under the "General Controller Settings," check the box that says "Switch Pro Configuration Support."
- Click "OK" to save the changes.
- After enabling the "Switch Pro Configuration Support," you should see a pop-up window indicating that a new controller has been detected. Click on "Nintendo Switch Pro Configuration Support" to access the configuration settings.
- In the "Nintendo Switch Pro Configuration Support" window, you can customize various aspects of the controller, such as button assignments, sensitivity, and haptic feedback. You can also create custom controller configurations for specific games or choose from community-created profiles.
- For most games, the default configuration works well, but you can tweak the settings to suit your preferences and play style.
Once you have configured the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller settings in Steam, you are ready to play your favorite games using the controller. When you launch a game that supports controller input, Steam will automatically recognize and apply the configured settings to the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
QUICKLY connect switch controller to pc WITHOUT STEAM
Using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with non-Steam games is possible by leveraging third-party software that enables controller compatibility. Two popular programs for this purpose are "JoyToKey" and "Xpadder." These applications allow you to map controller inputs to keyboard keys or mouse movements, making the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller compatible with virtually any game, even those that do not have native controller support. Follow the steps below to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with non-Steam games:
JoyToKey -Go to the JoyToKey website (http://joytokey.net/en/) and download the latest version of the software. Install it on your PC by following the on-screen instructions.
Ensure that your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is either connected via a wired USB-C cable or paired wirelessly to your PC via Bluetooth. Refer to the earlier sections on how to connect the controller.
- JoyToKey -Open JoyToKey after installation. The program should detect your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller automatically. You will see a list of controller inputs (buttons and joysticks) on the left side and their corresponding keyboard or mouse mappings on the right side.
- Mapping Controls -In both JoyToKey and Xpadder, you can now map the controller inputs to keyboard keys or mouse movements. For example, you can assign the "A" button on the controller to press the "Space" key on the keyboard.
- Save Your Configuration -After mapping the controls to your liking, save the configuration in JoyToKey or Xpadder.
Open the non-Steam game you want to play with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Make sure the game is running in the foreground.
With JoyToKey or Xpadder running in the background, your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller's inputs will now be translated into keyboard keys or mouse movements, allowing you to play the game using the controller.
Yes, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is compatible with PCs running Windows.
To connect the Pro Controller wirelessly, enable Bluetooth on your PC, put the controller in pairing mode, and follow the on-screen instructions to establish the connection.
Windows 10 usually installs the necessary drivers automatically, but if you encounter issues, you may need to install drivers manually.
Yes, most Steam games have native support for the Pro Controller, making it plug-and-play compatible.
Is It Possible To Customize The Buttons And Sensitivity Of The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller On PC?
Yes, you can customize the controller settings through the "Nintendo Switch Pro Controller" settings in the Windows control panel.
Bringing the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller into your PC gaming setup opens up a world of possibilities, combining the best of console and PC gaming experiences. Whether you want to dive into intense action-packed titles, explore vast open-world adventures, or enjoy casual gaming sessions, the Pro Controller offers a seamless and comfortable gameplay experience.
With its straightforward pairing process, you can effortlessly connect the controller to your PC, eliminating the need for complicated setups. The extensive compatibility of this controller with various games makes it an excellent addition to your gaming arsenal, especially for those who prefer the tactile feel of console gaming.
So, if you own a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and want to expand its usability beyond the Nintendo Switch, follow our guide and embrace the enhanced gaming experience on your Windows PC. Unleash your gaming potential, and let the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller transport you to new gaming heights on your beloved PC platform. Happy gaming!