Learn How To Share YouTube Video On Instagram Story And Reels
Funny YouTube videos are more fun when they are shared. And sure, you could send your friends a link. But what about the Instagram users who follow you? Do you want to know how to share YouTube video on Instagram story and reels?
This can be done on your iPhone, though it might not be the smoothest process. And if you're reading this, you probably also want to share a video from YouTube to Instagram. Don't be afraid. Keep reading this article, and you'll find out everything you need to know about how to share YouTube videos on Instagram.
Can You Share A YouTube Video On Instagram?
Yes, you can share a YouTube video on Instagram. But there isn't a built-in way to do it yet, so you'll have to download the video to your phone and then upload it to Instagram.
The other thing to keep in mind is that YouTube doesn't have a built-in tool to help you for a reason. Copyright issues mean that YouTube doesn't let anyone download videos from its site right now.
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/how-to-share-youtube-video-on-instagram-story-and-reels/ by Keith Peterson on 2022-12-08T11:12:30.747Z
So, if you want to re-upload a video that was posted by someone else, you should make sure you have their permission first. And it's always a good idea to give them credit in your post so people can find the original source.
How To Share Youtube Video On Instagram Story And Reels?
How to Share YouTube Video on Instagram Story! (Fast & Easy)
You Can Save The YouTube Video To Your Phone
People can't download videos that they didn't put on YouTube. The main reason for this is to make sure that users don't break any laws about copying.
But YouTube's rules say that you can download your own videos without any problems. You'll need the help of a third-party site to do that. Here's what you need to do to save a YouTube video:
- Find the YouTube video you want to download.
- Tap the Share button and copy the URL.
- Go to YT5s.com
- Paste the URL into the search box and tap Search.
- Select the quality and click Get link > Download.
The video will then download to your Downloads folder, which could be on your iPhone or in iCloud, depending on how you have it set up. In either case, you can find the video by opening the Files app on your computer.
Cut The Video To Fit Into Instagram
The next step is to decide whether you want to post the video to your Instagram Story or to your feed. Once you know that, you can crop it with the help of the Photos app:
- Open the Files app and find the video.
- In the bottom-left corner, tap the Share button > Save Video.
- Go to the Photos app and open the video.
- Tap Edit and select the crop icon (it’s the fourth icon on the bottom).
- Next, tap the aspect ratio button in the top-right.
- Now you can choose your size. If you’re posting in your feed, you’ll want to use Square. If you’re posting in Stories, you’ll want to choose 9:16.
- Tap Done.
You Should Post The Video On Instagram
Follow these steps if you want to post the video as a Story:
- In Instagram, tap the Plus icon at the top > Story.
- Tap your Photo Library icon in the bottom left.
- Select your video.
- Tap either Your Story or Close Friends.
Here's how you can add the video to your feed:
- In Instagram, tap the Plus button > Post.
- Select your video and tap Next > Next.
- Type in your caption and tag people or the location.
- Tap Share.
How To Share A YouTube Video On Instagram Story As A Link?
How To Share YouTube Link On Instagram Story (2022)
You don't have to download a YouTube video to share it on Instagram Story. Instead, you can just share a link to it.
Design Your Story Thumbnail
If you have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram, which makes you an "Instagram influencer," the "Swipe-up" feature will be turned on for your account. So, you can post a Story that lets your followers swipe up to go to a different website.
One thing you'll want to think about is making a good-looking thumbnail for your Stories. A few tips and tricks on how to make an image that people want to swipe up for:
- Visually appealing: It may seem obvious, but make it look good! Make a picture that makes people stop looking at hundreds of other Stories and look at yours.
- Make it clear: People should be able to tell what your video is about just by looking at the thumbnail.
- Use text: Just write a few words to help people understand what your video is about.
- Have a call to action: You can use animated stickers or just write "swipe up." But the bottom line is that you need to have those two words somewhere on your thumbnail to tell people to do something.
Put The Thumbnail And The Link To The Video On YouTube On Stories
Now that you're happy with your thumbnail, you can post it to Instagram. You only need to do these things:
- Open Instagram and click + > Story.
- Tap the chain icon at the top.
- Click URL, paste the link, and tap Done.
- Finally, tap either Your Story or Close Friends.
People Also Ask
How To Share Music Video On Instagram Story From Youtube?
Yes, you can click on the video you want to share on YouTube. Click "Share" to share. Choose "Copy Link." Open your Instagram account and tap your profile in the bottom right corner.
How To Share Youtube Video Link On Instagram Story?
- On your phone, open the Instagram app.
- Tap the plus sign (+) and then tap Story.
- Tap the chain icon at the top of your screen.
- Tap the URL, paste the link to your YouTube video, and then tap Done.
- To share, tap either Your Story or Close Friends.
Why Can't I Share From YouTube To Instagram?
Because a lot of YouTube content is copyrighted, there is no built-in way to share Instagram Stories. Check with the original poster of the video to make sure you have permission to upload it before you do. You should also give credit to the poster in your Instagram post so that people can go to the source.
Posting YouTube videos to Instagram does require a bit more effort. The good news is that it's not impossible. After reading this article, you should have a better idea of how to share a YouTube video to Instagram story and reels, whether you want to download the video or put a link to it in your Stories.
You have more than one choice, so now all you have to do is choose what's best for you and your followers.