If you want to know how to download videos from Instagram, you are in the right place. Instagram was mostly known for photos, but more and more people are also using it to share videos. In fact, a report shows that more than 500 million people use Instagram Stories every day.
People want to save videos because there are so many of them. After all, there's nothing worse than watching a great video on Instagram and then losing it when you close the app.
There are many different reasons why you would want to download the videos that you post to Instagram. You could wish to keep a treasured memory, or you might want to have a copy to view at a later time.
Both of these are perfectly valid reasons to make a copy. It's possible that you want to send the video to someone who doesn't have an Instagram account. It is simple to save videos from Instagram, and this is true regardless of the motivation.
Instead of navigating through your feed or the feeds of other users, saving Instagram videos enables you to view the clips and videos from influencersthat you enjoy viewing anytime you want, rather than having to go through your feed or the feeds of other users.
Any video that you watch on Instagram can be saved to your computer as well as your mobile device.
You can't take a picture of a video, but your phone can probably record the screen. On both iPhones and Androids, you have to add screen recording to your quick settings by hand. Once it's there, you can just swipe to your quick menu, hit record, and let the video play.
The red bar across the top of the iPhone screen means that a screen recording is happening. It's all very easy, but here are some tips to make sure the capture is clean:
- Set your volume.If you want to record a video, you'll have to play the whole thing while your phone records the whole screen. That means that the video will record everything you do on your phone. Set the volume before you hit record unless you want to show that you are turning up a song.
- Do not disturb.Even if you have your settings just right, nothing is worse than a pop-up that you didn't expect. If your mom sends you an embarrassing text or DuoLingo sends you an angry message, it will cover up part of the clip. To keep your interface clean, turn on "Do Not Disturb" mode for a short time. This will stop notifications from coming in.
- Cut and crop. Whether you're going to use it professionally or just want to keep it for yourself, you can get rid of the extra information. Nobody likes a video that starts with the "screen recording" pop-up and ends with your Instagram homepage. And trust us, they don't want to know how your phone battery looks or what carrier you use either. Once you've recorded your video, you can trim and crop it on your phone so that the focus stays on the content.
- Watch it over and over.Screen recording isn't perfect, so there are probably a lot of other things that could go wrong. You should watch the video before, during, and after you record it to make sure you got it right.
Even though it might not be as easy as you thought it would be when you bought your first iPhone, this method has been tried and tested by users who want to save Instagram photos on their Apple devices. To do this with the picture/video URL, just follow these easy steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and go to the photo you want to save.
- Tap the three dots in the right corner of the screen.
- Click on "Copy share URL."
- Open your Safari app
- Copy and paste the URL.
- Go to Notes and make a new one.
- Paste the picture there and then click "Save image."
- The picture will be sent to your iPhone.
To save an Instagram story, all you have to do is download a third-party app, which will make your life easier and let you download the video you want in just a few seconds. ReShare Story is one of the most popular apps, and to download videos, you just need to do these simple things:
- Go to the App Store and get the ReShare Story app.
- Use your Instagram account to sign in.
- You go to the story you want to download on Instagram.
- Tap 'Options' and then tap 'Save'
- The video will be saved in your camera roll
How To Save Videos from Instagram to Gallery (Android & iPhone)
There are several apps for Android that let you download videos from Instagram. We'll use one of them to quickly save videos so we can watch them later when we're not online. Do these things:
- Get the Instagram video downloader.
- Go to the video you want to download on Instagram. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Copy Link.
- When you go back to the video downloader for Instagram, the app will automatically paste the link you just copied. It starts to download the video for you as well.
- When the video is downloaded, it will show up in your Android phone's Photos or Gallery app.
One way to get around this is to save the video to your computer using the web-based version of Instagram and then send it to your iPhone using iCloud, AirDrop, or email. Here's how you can save Instagram videos to your Mac:
- Open Instagram in your browser and go to the video you want to download.
- Just click the video. Right-click on the screen, not on the video itself, once the video starts to play.
- There will be a pop-up menu. Click either View Page Source or Inspect Element, depending on which browser you're using. This should open a new tab with the page you are looking at's source code.
- Click Command+F to open the search field in your browser.
- There will be a text box. Enter "mp4."
- This should highlight a few results, and the first mp4 that is highlighted will be part of a longer URL.
- Copy the whole URL and paste it into the browser's address bar of a new tab.
- You should watch a video that stands alone.
- How toget Instagram videos
- Click the three dots in the bottom right corner of the video and then click Download.
- You can give the file any name you want and save the video to your Mac.
You can also save Instagram videos to your computer if you want. Here's what you need to do to save a video post from your desktop:
- Sign in to Instagram on your computer, and when you see a post you like, click the bookmark icon next to it.
- Download the video to what you already have.
- You can also use an app to download Instagram videos on a desktop or laptop computer.
- You can use Windows, macOS, or Ubuntu Linux to get the video downloader.
- Go to Instagram and copy the link to the video you want to download. You can right-click on any video on your desktop and then choose Copy Link.
- Click the green Paste Link button when you're in the video downloader.
- The app will show you a pop-up that lets you see how the file is saved and where it will be saved. (If you only want the audio, choose Extract Audio from the dropdown menu.) Click Download when you are ready.
- When it's done downloading, right-click the video's name in the video downloader and choose Play to watch it right away, or Show in Finder (which may be called something different on Windows and Linux) to see where the video file is saved on your computer.
It's not against the law to download Instagram videos for personal use, but it gets tricky when the videos are used for something else. Don't try to pass off someone else's work as your own, and don't change or edit the content in any way.
Give credit to the Instagram account from which you took the video, and make it clear that it's not your own work.
It's suggested that you use a site like Save Insta. Just tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the Instagram video you want to save, copy the link to the post, and paste it into this site. Then, you should be able to separate your video and save it to your device.
- Get Snaptube and put it on the Android device.
- Tap the Instagram icon on the main screen of the app.
- Now, all you have to do is look for the private video you want to save.
- Tap the "Download" button next to the video, and the download will start right away.
- Go to the Instagram app and open the section called "Reels."
- Find the Reel you want to download and click on it.
- Now, go to the Tools section of Inflate.com.
- Tap the option that says "Download Video," and then paste the link.
- If you tap the Download button, your Instagram Reel will be saved to your computer.
Instagram recently reminded everyone that it is "no longer a photo sharing app or a square photo sharing app," and its parent company, Facebook, wants it to be the place where people share all kinds of videos, from short clips like on TikTok to longer videos like on YouTube on IGTV.
As the number of Instagram videos grows, so does the need to download them to watch later. Now you know how to download videos from Instagram in different ways.