How To Delete Twitter Search Suggestions? Remove Search History
Do you want to know how to delete Twitter search suggestions? If you've been using Twitter for a while, you've probably seen things you didn't want to see. There is a lot of information on Twitter, but some of it is either not important or is just plain weird.
If you feel like Twitter has been suggesting things to you that have nothing to do with your interests and that you don't want to click on, you might want to learn how to delete Twitter search suggestion.
The suggestions for accounts on Twitter are based on algorithms that give you personalized suggestions. You might see suggestions based on factors like:
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/how-to-delete-twitter-search-suggestions/ by Keith Peterson on 2023-01-11T11:16:16.752Z
- If you upload your contacts to Twitter, it will suggest that you connect with those who already have Twitter accounts.
- If someone has uploaded their contacts to Twitter and your email address or phone number is there, they may suggest you follow them.
- Twitter may also give you suggestions based on where you are, like in what city or country you are.
- They might make suggestions based on what you do on Twitter, like what you Tweet, who you follow, and which accounts and Tweets you look at or interact with in other ways.
- If your settings allow it, they may make suggestions based on the websites you visit that have Twitter content on them.
- Twitter may suggest accounts for you to follow from Promoted Accounts.
- When you get recommendations through email or Twitter, they won't include words and hashtags that you have muted.
Most people probably don't think it's important to keep or get rid of their search history. But if you like to keep your apps and phone unlocked, you must think about doing this.
Even if you don't look for anything bad on Twitter, it may not look good on your profile if you look for anything. Also, Twitter takes the things you search for very seriously. You'll start to see things in your feed that is related to what you've been looking for.
So, if you don't want to see those things anymore or just want to start over, you need to get rid of all your search suggestions. So, you now know why you need to get rid of your Twitter search suggestions.
HOW TO DELETE SEARCH SUGGESTIONS ON TWITTER 2023
As you’ve seen, deleting search history is rather important on Twitter, even if you are privileged enough to have the Twitter account credentials yourself. Thankfully, deleting Twitter searches isn’t the hardest thing to do, both on desktop and mobile.
- Open a browser and sign in to your Twitter account.
- Next, click on the Search box in the top right corner, find the search you want to delete and click on it. To get rid of the search you've chosen, click the small trash can on the right.
- If you haven't done any searches in a while, the drop-down window might only show Saved Searches or Recent Searches. This method works for any search, whether you're looking for hashtags, keywords, or usernames.
- Sometimes, the "x" icon may not show up. If so, click on the saved query to do the search again, and click on the three dots to get to the overflow. Then, click Delete saved search.
The "Submit a Tweet" box is easy to mix up with the "Search" box. The search box is at the top right of the screen (to submit tweets, use the box on the lower section of the screen). If you delete the queries from Recent searches, you can still see them in saved searches, if you saved them in the first place.
- If you tap the Twitter app, it will open.
- Then, tap the Search box and choose the search you want to get rid of.
- Tap the icon with three dots to the right of the search box. Then, click Delete search.
After you take steps to delete the query, it could take up to a few days for it to go away. Most of the time, this happens when a saved search is unusual and doesn't match any Twitter search results or tweets. If it's still there after a few days, you can always try to delete it again.
You can't change a saved search query when you use the "saved search" feature. This is another reason why you might have to delete it more than once. You can only replace a saved search with a new one; you can't change it.
By going to the "Settings" and "Your Twitter Data" menus, you can delete your Twitter search data. From there, you can delete all of your searches or just some of them.
Sign into your Twitter account to change your search settings. Then, click the "Settings" button in the top right corner of the screen. From there, use the menu on the left to choose "Search." Then you can change your search settings to make them fit your needs.
Twitter does keep track of what you look up. But the company says it only uses this information to improve its services and not to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Also, saving searches is super easy and quick. Go to the Search box, type the keyword, username, or hashtag, and then click the search icon. The results show up in the main column or menu drop-down.
Tap or click the "three dots" icon in the upper right corner to see more options. When you click Save Search, it will appear in the menu of saved searches. You can also change the search before saving it on Twitter.
You can search only for news, photos, accounts, or tweets, or you can keep all of the options on. You can narrow your searches to people you know or to people from everywhere or near you.
By using Twitter's "advanced search" feature, users can customize their searches based on their favorite date ranges, people, pages, and other filters. This means that someone can now find a tweet they saw randomly on their timelines by remembering just one phrase from it.
Also, searches like "fast food near me," "where can I find a hairdresser," and similar ones will now show more realistic answers to the searcher's question instead of general answers in the results section if the advanced search feature is not used.
Twitter advanced search tutorial
Follow the steps below to learn how to use Twitter's advanced search to find the most relevant results to your question:
- Go to Twitter and click on the search tab
- Type in the word or phrase you want to find.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the search box.
- Click on "Advanced Search."
- Type in words, phrases, hashtags, and languages that are related to the answer you want.
- You can also include specific accounts, replies to these accounts, and public mentions made in the past.
- You can also use other filters to add links, replies, and choose dates that the query is relevant to.
- Click "search," and you're all set.
In 2021, Twitter added a new search tool that made it easier for people to find tweets from a certain person. The site added a new search tool, which iOS users can find by looking for a magnifying glass in the top right corner of their profile.
Users of Android and the web will soon be able to get the update. By clicking on the magnifying glass, users can type in specific keywords to find the tweets of a person they are interested in without having to scroll through their profiles.
The algorithm is basically a central brain that controls what we see and how we see it on Twitter. These decisions are made based on many things, like where the post is, how popular it is, the author's personal interests, how recent it is, and whether or not it has media. Don't worry, we'll explain everything soon.
They may make suggestions based on what you do on Twitter, like what you Tweet, who you follow, and which accounts and Tweets you look at or interact with in some other way. If your settings allow it, they may make suggestions based on the websites you visit that have Twitter content on them.
Tap Interests and ads data on the screen that says "Your Twitter data." Tap Twitter's Interests. Uncheck any Interests that you don't want to be a part of.
Getting rid of Twitter's search suggestions has nothing to do with personal taste. It has to do with privacy and being in charge of your digital algorithm, which social networks can use to get you to spend more time on their sites.
This guide on how to delete Twitter search suggestions will help you get rid of all of these trackings that you don't need. When you open the app the next time, you'll be happy to know that your search suggestions have been removed.