How To Add A Signature In Gmail?
A personalized signature not only adds flair to your correspondence but also lets your contacts know how to contact you and where they can learn more about your company.
And, because Gmail is the most common web client, knowing how to change its settings is useful. Here's how to add a signature to Gmail on a computer, an iPhone, or an Android device.
How to Add Signature in Gmail
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/how-to-add-a-signature-in-gmail/ by Keith Peterson on 2022-01-14T12:20:14.149Z
When your receivers forward your email, your signature will stand out if it includes your email address, contact information, website address, and so on. Imagine having to go through a lengthy email trail to find the identities and email addresses of those involved.
A Gmail signature is similar to a visiting card or business card in that it provides vital information to your receivers. By utilizing a Gmail signature, you provide your business contacts, friends, family, leads, prospects, customers, and other receivers with more methods to contact you.
Today, it is quite easy for your email to be marked as spam. This is bad for your business, personal relationships, and identity. A Gmail signature adds value to your email by convincing your receivers that it is real.
- Step 1: Open your preferred browser and sign in to your Gmail account as usual.
- Step 2: Next, in the upper-right corner of the screen, select the Settings gear symbol, and then click the See All Settings button.
- Step 3: Scroll down till you see Signature under the General tab. Select the Create New option.
- Step 4: In the dialogue box that appears, give your new signature a name. Then click the Create button. Then you'll be led back to the Settings screen, where a new text box will appear next to the name of your signature. Fill up the blanks with your preferred email signature.
- Optional: Below the signature field is a check box that allows you to include your signature before quoted text in email responses. This will increase the visibility of your signature in email threads. If you use your email for professional interaction or if you want your signature to be displayed in follow-up messages, it's worth turning on. This part, below the signature box, also includes two more drop-down menu options that enable you to specify whether your signature appears in new emails, replies, or forwarded emails.
- Step 5: When you're finished, go to the bottom of the page and click the Save Changes button. That's all! Your signature will now show on all new messages as well as incoming and outgoing mail.
If you have an email address from Yahoo, Outlook, or another email provider, you may use Gmail's Send Mail As a tool to send emails to that address. You may enable that functionality from your account settings, and once enabled, you'll be able to create a separate signature for that email address. Simply choose the Signature option from the drop-down box on the General tab of the Settings page. This menu should appear beneath the phrase Signature Defaults. Select your favorite email address from the drop-down menu. Then, select your options for new emails, replies, and forwarded emails from the drop-down menus beneath that selection. When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Adding a signature on an Android smartphone is quite similar to adding one on an iOS device. Go to Menu > Settings in the Gmail app and choose your Gmail account. Scroll down to Mobile Signature, enter your signature information in the pop-up window, and then press OK. More extensive instructions are provided below.
- Step 1: Launch the Gmail application.
Step 2: Tap on the three-line menu button. This is located in the upper left corner of the screen, next to the Search Mail option.
- Step 3: Select Settings from the drop-down menu. This will be the next-to-last choice.
- Step 4: Make a decision on an email address. If you have several Gmail accounts, select the one for which you want to set up the signature.
- Step 5: Scroll down and choose Mobile Signature. If no signature has been added to the account, it will say Not Set.
- Step 6: In the pop-up window, type your signature.
- Step 7: Click OK to return to the previous screen, where your signature will be shown in the Mobile Signature area. The next time you create an email, your new signature will show.
Note: Please keep in mind that mobile signatures are text-only and do not allow you to format text or incorporate hyperlinks or photos.
Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen to open Gmail’s Settings > Click “See all settings” > Find the “Signature” section on the page > Click the “New” button > Add as many supplementary signatures as you need > Scroll down to the bottom and click “Save changes”.
To insert an image to your Gmail signature open the Gmail signature section in Gmail’s settings > Click on the image icon in the signature editor’s toolbar > Upload an image from your computer without using a URL or you can add an image from the web via URL.
Customizing your Gmail signature may encourage you to customize other aspects of your Google account, such as away messages, filters, and even the appearance of your inbox backdrop. There are a number of different methods to personalize your Google email account.
For those of you who haven't done it yet, adding a Gmail signature may appear complex. However, this advice should assist you in creating a signature that stands out from the crowd.