17 Public Relation Quotes
What does PR involve exactly? A simple definition may be this: it is the management, carried out in a way that benefits both sides, of information flows between the business or organisation. In an Internet age where news breaks can take place at lightning speed or a business reputation can be made or damaged by a single social media post, understanding the substance of this discussion is extremely crucial. But obviously everyone takes the essence of PR on their own. Here are some of our favorite quotations on the following:
- “The history of PR is… a history of a battle for what is reality and how people will see and understand reality.” – Stuart Ewen
- “It’s PR that needs to be creative. It’s PR that needs to be new and different. It’s PR that needs to be original. The best way to establish a brand is to create a new category, and creating a new category requires creative thinking of the highest order.” – Al & Laura Ries
- “PR is performance recognition” – Douglas Smith
- “Everything you do or say is public relations.” – Unknown
- “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
- “If a young man tells his date how handsome, smart and successful he is – that’s advertising. If the young man tells his date she’s intelligent, looks lovely, and is a great conversationalist, he’s saying the right things to the right person and that’s marketing. If someone else tells the young woman how handsome, smart and successful her date is – that’s PR.” – S. H. Simmons
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/public-relations-quotes/ by Keith Peterson on 2021-10-29T22:01:25.479Z
- “The counsel on public relations is not an advertising man but he advocates for advertising where that is indicated. Very often he is called in by an advertising agency to supplement its work on behalf of a client. His work and that of the advertising agency do not conflict with or duplicate each other.” – Edward Bernays
- “The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” — Oscar Wilde
- “You’ve got to visualize where you’re headed and be very clear about it. Take a Polaroid picture of where you’re going to be in a few years.” — Sara Blakely Founder of Spanx
- “The goal is not to do business with everybody who needs what you have. The goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.” — Simon Sinek
- “Novelty is not necessarily innovation.”— Aaron Endré
- “Your Branding is like painting a vision of who you want to be. Your Marketing is putting that it in front of people. But PR is living up to your promise.”—Amanda Sutton
- “Publicity is absolutely critical. A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front page ad.” — Richard Branson
- “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic. “— Seth Godin
- “It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.” –Yogi Berra
- “If I was down to my last dollar, I’d spend it on public relations” — Bill Gates
- “Without publicity there is no prosperity.” — Yakov Zel’dovich
Why PR Is Important?
Public relations is one of the most successful means of building on marketing techniques and building a strong reputation online. PR is a field capable of transforming a business' future and profitability. Used properly, PR may enable a corporation to overcome nearly any barrier.
What Is Good Public Relations?
Good PR honors customers in a non-exploiting and inclusive manner. It is termed public relations. public relations. It is incredibly important to have a message and campaigns which do more than sell. Good public relations encourage the contribution of 'neutrals,' and especially 'critics.'
What Is The Role Of Public Relations In Society?
Public relations support the decision-making and functioning of our complex heterogeneous society by contributing to mutual understanding between groups and organizations. It harmonizes public and private policies.