Like Facebook, Instagram keeps a record of all the posts you've liked, which you can look at in the app. But since this cool feature is hidden in the settings, not many people know about it. We'll show you how to see posts you've liked on Instagram.
If you want to look back at the photos and videos you've liked on Instagram, being able to see the posts you've liked is helpful. It's also a quick way to, unlike posts you've liked in the past without having to remember and look for them individually.
Having access to posts you've liked in the past is good for a lot of things. Go back and look at the things you have already liked so you can:
- From posts you've liked in the past, you can find new accounts to follow.
- Read the long description of a post you liked but didn't have time to read at the time.
- Read more comments on a post to keep up with the conversation as more people see it in their feeds.
- Leave your own comment on a post you liked but didn't have time to write about right away.
- You can go back to useful information you want to learn more about later, such as a product, service, contest, workout plan, recipe, makeup tutorial, or something else.
- What you like on Instagram isn't just a nice way to let the person who posted it know you like it. It's a good way to save things you want to look at again because they're interesting or useful.
You can only see photos and videos you've liked in the past through the Instagram app. If you want to do this on the desktop version of the social site, you won't be able to.
Instagram only keeps track of the last 300 posts you liked, so depending on how often you use the site, you may only be able to see a small number of the posts you liked. If you want to see if you've already liked a certain post, you can go to that post and see if you've already liked it.
Open the Instagram app and sign in to your account. Then, use these steps to find a list of posts you have already liked.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner (three lines).
- Choose what you want to do.
- To get to the "Your activity" section of Instagram, choose "Interactions."
- When you tap "Likes," a screen with your most recent likes will open. By default, likes are shown from most recent to least recent.
Scroll down to see older likes, or tap Sort & filter to choose a date range or sort from oldest to newest. From this page, you can also mass-dislike posts. Tap the "Select" button in the upper right corner, then tap the posts you want to unlike.
At the bottom, it will say "Unlike" and show you how many photos you've chosen. When you're done choosing the photos you don't like, tap this button.
You can't see all of the likes someone else has given on Instagram. In the Activity tab (the heart-shaped button) on the home screen, you can see when your friends post and interact with your posts. But you won't be told when they like someone else's post.
If you want to see what someone else has liked, you have to go to the post and check to see if that person has liked it. You can only tell if someone has liked a post by looking at what other people have done with it.
- Tap the "Following" section on your friend's Instagram page. From there, you can open the profile of the person whose likes you want to check.
- Scroll through their posts. If your friend liked a post, it will say "Liked by friend name>" above the caption. You could also tap the like counter to see the full list of likes if you share friends with this third person. For this method to work, the person must either have a public profile or you must follow them.
If you're wondering why you can't see the posts you've liked on Instagram, it's because Insta changed the app and took away the tab that showed the activity. But you can still find posts that you liked.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android device.
- If you're not already on your account page, tap the icon in the bottom right corner that looks like a person's name.
- Tap the menu with three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap Your activity in the pop-up menu.
- Tap Interactions
- Tap Likes.
You can also see what other people, like your partner, have been "liking" on Instagram. To do this, open the Instagram app and click the heart button next to your profile button on the bottom bar of your screen. This will show you a list of people who have liked or commented on your photos.
If you use Instagram a lot, posts you like might disappear from your feed if you use it a lot. The good news is that you can use the steps above to see your list of the last 300 likes.
It's important to know that you can only see your likes with the Instagram app on your phone. It doesn't work with the desktop version of Instagram, like so many other features.