Instagram is one of the most used apps all over the world, you can post anything you want (just don't break the rules and regulations) and all of your posts can be seen by your followers. Are you here because you want to know how to hide posts from someone on Instagram?
Let me get straight to the point... If someone follows you on Instagram, they will be able to see all of your posts. But in contrast to all those things, there are a few other things you can do to increase the safety of your Instagram account.
First, let's talk about the many reasons why people want to hide their posts on Instagram from someone.
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/how-to-hide-posts-from-someone-on-instagram/ by Keith Peterson on 2022-12-20T02:35:58.086Z
There are many reasons but here are a few:
- They don't want that individual to see what they post.
- They don't want to block those persons only to prevent them from seeing their posts.
- People may wish to hide posts from someone because they don't want that person to know what they're up to, who they're hanging out with, or if their relationship isn't going well.
- They are afraid to have an argument with someone and receive mean words.
- They may have an ex-partner who they don't want seeing their posts or they may not like the person who is following them and that person might find out too much about them.
If you don't want someone to see your posts or stories, one of the best ways to avoid them is to block their Instagram account. If you block someone on Instagram, they won't know, but they won't be able to find your profile, posts, tags, or stories.
How To Hide Instagram Posts From Someone Without Blocking Them
All of the likes, comments, and tags on your photos and videos will be taken away. When you unblock someone, their comments and likes will not come back. People you have blocked will still be able to see your likes and comments on public posts.
The chat threads you had with them will still be in your Direct inbox, but you won't be able to talk to them anymore. You won't get any of the messages that the person you've blocked sends to you.
But if you want, there's another way to strengthen your privacy:
- Open the app for Instagram.
- Go to your account.
- Click on the three lines in the top right corner of the page.
- Just click "Settings."
- Click on "Privacy."
- You will see a button that says "Private Account."
- Press the switch button.
Your account is now private, so only people who aren't following you can't see it.
In this case, you have to restrict someone's account. In my experience, my partner sometimes put me in the restriction section (Guys, you know what I mean right? but don't be upset at your partner; possibly you made a mistake.)
Okay, let's be serious. I mean, every time I experience that, I am unable to see what my partner doing and all of the activities are just vanishing. That's why I think this would be a great answer to your question.
There are many ways to stop someone from doing something on Instagram. If you block someone, they won't be able to see when you're online or if you've read their messages. Their new comments on your posts will only be seen by that person, and you can choose to see the comment by tapping See comment.
Here's how you do it:
- Tap or in the top right of Feed.
- Tap the chat with the person you want to restrict.
- Tap the person's name at the top of your chat.
- Tap Restrict at the bottom, then Tap the Restrict account to confirm.
I've got you covered if you've ever been curious about how to mute stories on Instagram (or how to conceal Instagram Stories from other users)!
If you have a friend who uploads way too many Instagram platforms, you'll be glad to know that Instagram's "mute" option allows you to silence their stories without actually having to unfollow their account. This is an ideal solution if you've ever had to deal with this problem.
Follow these steps to disallow them from seeing your stories:
- Simply navigate to your profile and enter the settings for your account if you do not want a certain person to be able to view anything that you publish to your story in the future.
- Next, select the Privacy option.
- Then there was the story.
- To hide the story from a specific number of individuals, tap the corresponding number.
- Choose the individuals from whom you want to conceal your narrative, and then hit the Done button.
- As you go through the list of people who have viewed your story, you have the option to selectively conceal it from certain readers.
- Simply hit the ellipsis button to the right of their name and pick Hide Story From [Username] from the drop-down menu that appears.
You will be able to see it at the very top of the list of individuals who have viewed your story if it is appearing on a page associated with a location or hashtag. You can conceal your story from a location or hashtag page by tapping the "x" that is located to the right of the page.
A lot of people hide their posts from other people so they don't get into fights or other bad things. But it can be bad for the person who is being kept in the dark. This is because they don't know what the other person is doing, and not knowing can make them feel left out and neglected.
This will help you stay safe from people who might not respect your privacy. It's also a way to keep some control over the social media platform.
It's also a way to avoid a fight with someone who might be following you on Instagram. You can even use this to keep from getting into fights with the people you know.
Can you keep someone from seeing your Instagram posts? No. Instagram doesn't have a way for you to hide your posts from one of your followers just yet. Instagram doesn't yet have a way to hide posts like other social media apps like Facebook.
Who can see your Instagram posts, who can comment on them, and who follows you are all up to you. You can also set rules about how other people can use your Instagram account.
When someone blocks you, any new direct messages you send to them will go into a folder called "message requests" instead of the chat. The person who put a restriction on you won't know when you send them a message, and they'll have to manually approve your messages before they can answer you.
There are some signs that someone should not see your posts. If you don't want to get into fights, it might be best not to post anything about them. If they always attack you, you might want to get rid of their phone number and block them on social media.
You should also think about whether they can fire you if they don't like what you post online or if they could cause you other problems in the future.