"How to hide likes on Twitter?" is a question you might have asked yourself when using Twitter. Almost all social mediasites have a "Likes" feature that lets you show someone that you found their post, video, comment, or thread entertaining, interesting, or insightful.
Also, when you like posts that are related to your interests, the platform learns what you like and shows you more of that. So, all in all, it sounds like the "Likes" feature is pretty useful, don't you think?
On Twitter, a separate column on your profile shows all the tweets you've liked. But what if you don't want everyone to be able to see the tweets you like? It could be because you don't want other people to know about your interests or because you like to keep to yourself.
Anyone who knows how touse Twitter knows the basics of how to like posts on the site. But knowing how to hide likes on Twitter is less common knowledge because it's not something that comes to mind right away.
If you are one of the few people who are interested, we can tell you that there is no easy way to hide likes on Twitter. Because the app doesn't have that kind of privacy setting.
In fact, the Liked Tweets column is an important part of how people talk to each other on Twitter and is considered a must-have. As a result, you will always be able to see a column of your liked tweets under your profile.
Still, if you want to know how to hide likes on Twitter, you should know that there are a few ways to do it. They are not direct ways to hide posts you liked. But they're good enough if you really want to keep your interests hidden from other people on social media sites.
A lot of people care a lot about their privacy. This is especially true if you are well-known or have a lot of power. After all, in today's world, liking the wrong post could get you fired or canceled. People learn how to hide their likes on Twitter because of this.
On the other hand, if you aren't a famous person, you might just want to hide the posts you like. Maybe you don't want your family to know that you like a controversial view on a hotly debated subject. You might not want anyone to know that you like fluffy shoujo manga.
No matter what your reason is, you should know how to hide likes on Twitter. So, you'll have more ways to handle your life on social media.
How To Hide Likes On Twitter Tutorial
The first thing you can do is turn your account into a private one. So, you won't have to worry about strangers seeing the posts you like. This is because when your account is set to private, only the people you want to see it can.
Since your tweets are now private, Google can no longer see them either. No search enginecan be used to look at your profile or tweets. Your tweets and profile can only be seen by your followers, who you have approved by hand.
Even people who are already following you won't be able to retweet or comment on your tweets.
Lastly, you don't need to put hashtags on your tweets because they no longer make a difference. Only the people who follow you will see your tweets, with or without hashtags. If you think this is exactly what you were looking for, we are happy for you. Help you figure out how to make your Twitter account private.
- On your phone, open the Twitter app and sign in to your account.
- Your home screen will be the first screen you see. In the top left corner of the screen, you'll see your profile picture. Click on it, and a layover menu will pop up.
- Find and tap on Settings and privacy at the bottom of that menu.
- In Settings, tap on Privacy and safety, which is the fourth option.
- In the list that comes up, click the first option, "Audience and tagging," under "Your Twitter Activity."
- Next to "Protect your Tweets," you'll see a toggle button. It is turned off by default. Just turn it on, and you're done.
But we understand if you think that making your account private will limit your reach and you can't afford that. Read on to find other ways to solve your problem that don't involve making your account private.
You might not be able to reach more people if you make your account private. And if you want to grow your network on Twitter and hope that one of your tweets will go viral, making your account private is a waste of time. But how are you supposed to keep your privacy then?
Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the rain. You can make some changes to your account so that other people can't see the tweets you like.
If you want to hide your likes so that no one else on Twitter can see them, you can only do one thing: remove them all. We're sorry to tell you this, but it's your only choice and the only one that makes sense.
There are a few problems with this solution. All the people whose tweets you liked will know that you didn't like their tweets. But don't worry, you can also do something about this if you think it's important.
If you want to show that you liked their tweet, just reply with a witty comeback or a simple, funny one-liner.
Also, you probably already know that this is a very time-consuming process. It depends on how often you use it. Most Twitter users have liked between 400 and 800 tweets. If you think this is your best option, you can do it by following these steps:
- On your phone, open the Twitter app and sign in to your account.
- Your home screen will appear. Click on your picture, which is at the top left of the screen. A menu for the layover will show up.
- Click on the first option in that menu, which is called "Profile." There, you will see four tabs under your bio, personal information, number of followers, and people you are following. You'll be on the tab for Tweets. You need to go to the Likes tab, which is on the far right.
- There, you'll see all the tweets you've liked. You'll see a pink heart next to each tweet, along with how many people liked it. If you don't like the tweet, click on the heart.
So there it is. You can now just "unlike" every tweet as you go.
Yes, people can hide their names when they like your tweet. If someone likes your tweet and their name is set to "private," their name won't show up on the list of people who have liked your tweet.
Instead, next to the heart icon, it will say "Twitter User." 2015 saw the addition of this feature, which gives users more control over their privacy settings.
By default, likes are public, but if you go into your privacy settings and change the setting for "Likes," only people who follow you will be able to see your likes. People who want to keep their Twitter activity more private can use this setting.
But keep in mind that even if you set your likes to "private," people can still see that you liked a certain tweet if they go to that tweet's URL. So, if you really want to be sneaky, you might not want to like any tweets at all.
The tab on your profile called "Likes" keeps track of the tweets you've liked. Others will be able to see what you liked, and you can always go back and look at it again.
By making your account private, only your followers will be able to see the posts you share and the ones you like.
- Sign in to Twitter and click on the profile icon in the top right corner of the home screen. Choose "Settings."
- Go to the tab labeled "Security and privacy."
- Scroll down until you find the section called "Privacy," and then click the box next to "Protect my Tweets."
- Click the button that says "Save changes."
It can be hard to figure out how to hide likes on Twitter because there is no setting in the app that lets you hide your Likes tab. So, you'll either have to make your profile private or un-like posts by hand.
There is also no automated way to do this in the app. If you want to know how to stop getting likes on Twitter, these two ways are your best bet.