Learn The Basics On How To Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint
When you give a presentation, you want your audience to fully understand what you are trying to say. Text and pictures might not be enough to improve your presentation, so adding a video is a good idea. Do you know how to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint?
When done well, a video can help people learn 95% of the information you want to share. You don't have to start from scratch to make videos because there are so many options online, especially on YouTube.
But switching between tabs during your presentation would be a pain. You can instead add the YouTube videos you want right to your PowerPoint.
Videos are more than just a nice way to add animation to a project. They get people to interact more with a website, paid ad, or even a simple presentation. It's a powerful marketing tool and a great way to make a lot of different things go more smoothly. Embedded videos have various roles:
COPYRIGHT_MARX: Published on https://marxcommunications.com/how-to-embed-a-youtube-video-in-powerpoint/ by Keith Peterson on 2022-11-17T03:35:54.194Z
- Introductory: They tell you what the presentation or project is about and give you a general idea of what it will look like.
- Educational: They tell you about new updates, show you how to do something, explain how something works, etc.
- Entertaining: They take your mind off of things, calm you down, and give you a sense of pleasure.
- Relaxing: Videos reduce the amount of work your brain has to do and help you deal with all the text and numbers in your presentation.
- Engaging: Videos that are embedded grab users' attention right away and are interesting to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Adding a video to a Powerpoint slideshow is a great way to make it more interesting and less boring. Also, they give both viewers and presenters some kind of break.
Before the next block of information, viewers can take a break and clear their minds. Presenters can quickly make an introduction for the next slide and take a short break.
If you want to add some fun to a project, here is a step-by-step guide. It shows you two different ways to add a video to your presentation and give your slideshow the movement and smooth flow you've been looking for.
How To Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint
- Click on the slide where you want to embed the YouTube video in the sidebar, which is where all your slides are. Now, click where you want the video to go, like in the title header or in the main body of text below.
- Click the tab at the top called "Insert." Choose the "Video" icon. Choose Online Video from the drop-down menu that comes up. Please note that you can embed a video in PowerPoint 2019 and Microsoft 365 PowerPoint by copying and pasting just the YouTube video link.
- Open the YouTube video you want to share. Click Share and then the Embed icon under the video player. Under the title "Embed Video," click "Embed Code" once. This will select the whole section of code. Click the Copy button or press Ctrl + C (on Windows) on your keyboard.
- After you have copied the code, go back to your PowerPoint presentation window. Paste the code into the next field in the From a Video Embed Code section. Click the Enter key on your keyboard or the small, grayed-out Arrow.
- You can change how the video on your slide plays. Click the Playback tab and make any changes you need to. For example, you can set the video to play automatically or only when you click it. You can change the settings of an embedded YouTube video in Microsoft PowerPoint on the Playback tab.
- You can also click on the video frame, right-click, and choose the Format Video tab to find more tools for changing the video, such as its brightness, size, and more.
Microsoft gives you the option to embed a video from your system into your PowerPoint presentation if that's what you'd rather do.
- Decide where you want the video file to go. Click the Insert tab and then click the Video icon. Click the field for "Video on My PC."
- Find the video you want to add and either double-click it or click it once and then click the Open button. Microsoft PowerPoint will add its own media player to the video so that it can be watched.
Please remember that if you choose to add a video directly from your PC and you'll be showing the presentation on an external system, you'll need to save both the PowerPoint and video files on your USB, external hard drive, etc.
If not, the video won't be able to play. Also, put them both in the same folder so that they can be played together.
Click the slide you want to add a video in PowerPoint. Click Video > Online Video on the Insert tab. Paste the embed code into the From a Video Embed Code box, and then click the arrow.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to put on your website.
- Choose Insert > Online Video from the Insert tab to add the video to your presentation.
- Paste the URL of the video into the box.
Click on the slide where you want to put the video. Click Video > Online Video on the Insert tab. Type the name of the video you want to add into the Search YouTube box and press Enter. Choose the video from the results of the search, and then click "Insert."
Embedding videos to your presentation in Powerpoint can make it even better. It makes your slideshow more interesting and keeps your audience more interested. Videos are also a great way to start off any kind of presentation.
It's helpful when introducing a new product or feature, so don't be afraid to use them when and where they make sense.