As an Amazon seller, one of the most critical factors that determine the success of your product is discoverability. You can have the best product in the world, but if customers can't find it, it won't sell.
This is where hidden keywords come into play. Hidden keywords are a valuable tool for increasing product discoverability on Amazon. In this article, we will discuss whatAmazon hidden keywordsare and how touse them effectively to increase product visibility.
How to choose keywords
Hidden keywords are search terms that you include in your product listing but are not visible to customers. These keywords are used by Amazon's search algorithm to match your product with relevant search queriesmade by potential customers.
Hidden keywords can significantly increase your product's visibility, making it more likely that customers will find your product when searching for related items.
The first step in using hidden keywords is to find the right search terms to include in your listing. Here are some tips to help you identify the best-hidden keywords for your product:
- Brainstorm keywords - Think about the keywords that customers might use when searching for products like yours. Make a list of these keywords, including synonyms and related terms.
- Use Amazon's search suggestions - Start typing your main keywords into the Amazon search bar and see what suggestions come up. These suggestions can give you ideas for additional keywords to include.
- Look at competitor listings - Take a look at the product listings of your top competitors and see what keywords they are using. Look for similarities and differences between their listings and yours, and use this information to improve your own listing.
- Use a keyword research tool - There are several keyword research tools available, such as MerchantWords and Jungle Scout, that can help you find hidden keywords for your product. These tools can give you insights into the search volume and competitiveness of different keywords.
Once you have identified the best-hidden keywords for your product, it's time to include them in your listing. Here are some tips to help you use hidden keywords effectively:
- Include keywords in your title - Your product title is one of the most critical elements of your listing, so make sure to include your most important keywords here. However, avoid keyword stuffing and make sure your title remains readable and appealing to customers.
- Use keywords in your bullet points - Your bullet points are another essential element of your listing. Use your hidden keywords here to provide additional information about your product and its features.
- Include keywords in your product description - Your product description is an opportunity to provide detailed information about your product, including the benefits it provides to customers. Use your hidden keywords naturally within your description to improve its visibility.
- Use keywords in backend fields - In addition to the visible elements of your listing, you can also include hidden keywords in the backend fields of your listing. These include fields such as search terms field and subject matter fields. Make sure to follow Amazon's guidelines for using backend keywords to avoid any penalties.
When it comes to using hidden keywords on Amazon, there are several common mistakes that sellers should avoid. Here are four mistakes to keep in mind:
One of the most significant mistakes that sellers make with hidden keywords is keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is the practice of using a large number of irrelevant or low-quality keywords in your product listing to try to manipulate search results.
Amazon's algorithm is designed to detect and penalize keyword stuffing, so it's essential to avoid this practice. Instead, focus on using relevant, high-quality keywords that accurately describe your product.
Another mistake that sellers make with hidden keywords is using irrelevant keywords. It can be tempting to include as many keywords as possible in your listing, but using keywords that aren't relevant to your product can actually harm your search rankings.
Make sure to use only keywords that accurately describe your product and its features.
Amazon has specific guidelines for using hidden keywords, and it's essential to follow these guidelines to avoid any penalties. For example, Amazon prohibits using brand names that are not your own, and it also prohibits using abusive or offensive language.
Make sure to review Amazon's guidelines carefully and follow them closely when using hidden keywords.
Finally, another common mistake that sellers make is focusing solely on hidden keywords to improve their product's discoverability. While hidden keywords are an important part of optimizing your product listing, they are just one element.
Other factors that can impact your product's visibility include product pricing, customer reviews, and advertising. Make sure to take a holistic approach to optimize your product listing and consider all of these factors.
By avoiding these common mistakes, sellers can effectively use hidden keywords to improve their product's discoverability on Amazon. Remember to focus on high-quality, relevant keywords, follow Amazon's guidelines, and take a holistic approach to optimize your product listing.
Hidden keywords on Amazon are keywords that are not visible to customers but are included in the product listing to improve their visibility in search results. These keywords can be added to the backend of the product listing and are used by Amazon's search algorithm to match customer search queries.
Amazon allows sellers to include up to 249 bytes of hidden keywords in their product listings. This translates to approximately 250 words or phrases, but it's important to note that Amazon's algorithm prioritizes relevance over quantity. It's better to use a smaller number of highly relevant keywords than to include as many keywords as possible.
Yes, hidden keywords can impact your product's search rankings on Amazon. Amazon's search algorithm uses hidden keywords to match customer search queries, so including relevant keywords can improve your product's discoverability. However, it's important to use high-quality, relevant keywords and to avoid common mistakes like keyword stuffing or using irrelevant keywords, which can harm your search rankings.
Using hidden keywords is an effective way to increase product discoverability on Amazon. By including relevant keywords in your listing, you can improve the visibility of your product and make it more likely that customers will find it when searching for related items.
Remember to focus on relevant, high-traffic keywords and use them in a natural, non-spammy way throughout your listing. With the right approach, hidden keywords can be a valuable tool for driving sales and growing your Amazon business.